Re: dielectric strength of hot glue was Re: Longitudinal Waves

I'd be interested to know... If it is truly dissolved, then it's probably
pretty good. If it is a "gel" then it's not so wonderful (because of the
particles).  I'd think that it's probably the former.

I too have lots of stuff assembled with hot glue.  My problem is that if
you leave it in the sun, or under hot lights, it melts... There is a higher
temperature stuff made for industrial use, but it takes a much more
expensive gun (the glue is still pretty cheap) which runs a lot hotter and
has much better temperature regulation. It's probably a more rugged piece
of gear, as well, since it's made for manufacturing use.. 8 hours a day,
everyday.

Personally, I use silicone a lot... but it IS a pain to remove it.