spark gaps

Original poster: "colin.heath4 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <colin.heath4-at-ntlworld-dot-com>

hi all
        its me again i have a prob i fired up my coil with my new 120ma 5kv nst
and the spark gap was really loud which was good then i cooked the caps on my
mmc as i produced no sparks and my safety gap was too wide . now the gap is
very quite is this due to no caps do they make the gap light up a lot more? im
guessing they do as when you just put th exformer on the gap the sparks are
small but when in tesla circuit they are huge. my question is if i up the power
will i have to up the amount of turns to get the coil in tune as im up to my
limit on 10 turns and got no sparks if so ill build a new primary and some new
caps
 ps i was runing a .0666uf mmc cap which is just below matched to prevent
resonance
many tyanks
colin heath