Tuning with toroid question

Original poster: "Patrick Leonard by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <transactoid-at-rogers-dot-com>

I've finally been getting respectable sparks out of my TC.  When I use my large
toroid, about 22" x 4", I get numerous smaller sparks. When I put a breakout
point on, I get much larger (around 24") arcs.  What does the fact that I need
to use a breakout point say about how my TC is tuned?  By adjusting the tuning
point, should I not be able to make it so I get a SINGLE larger streamer out of
my toroid?

Specs:
secondary: 24" x 4" wound with 24  guage.
primary: 15 turns of 1/4" copper tubing, spaced 1/4"
RQ spark gap
12/30 NST
Caps: string of 15 .22uF 1250v caps.

Thanks a lot,