Re: ignition coil

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Dan,

Here's a simple, effective way to run an ignition coil
from 120vac. I've used motor run caps from 2uF to 30uF
with good results. The bigger the cap, the more
powerful the thing will be. 10uF is a good place to
start. Check out All Electronics (on line) for cheap
AC motor caps. Dimmer is standard 600W unit from
Wal-Mart. Write if you have any questions.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2001-07/MetlickaGap.jpg

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg