Re: Pig grounding

Hi Jim -

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jim Mora by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jmora-at-jetlink-dot-net>

> There seems to be some contention on the proper way to ground the pig
> tank. Should it be grounded to household ground or RF ground? Also, I am
> assuming the copper strap to ground should be removed from the neutral
> terminal and neutral should be allowed to float.

I ground the pig (connection at bottom of casing) to the mains ground along
with my power
supply cabinet. However, because of my pig setup, this may not be the best
approach. Here what
I'm referring to.

CASE1: I'm now grounding one hv terminal to RF ground which runs to the
inner primary
connection and bottom secondary keeping both ends "potentially" the same
(pun intended) and at
RF ground. I learned this from David Reiben.

CASE2: Prior to this setup I simply ran the two hv phases parallel to the
gap and primary.

Performance is the same of course, however, I like the idea of having the
inner turn of the
primary at the same potential as the bottom of the secondary and RF ground.
It puts the pig
into an NST style of hookup.

Maybe I should be asking the same question to the list. I think it may be
best to ground the
case to RF ground in case 1 and to the mains ground in case 2. Anyone
reading this care to
comment?

Well, I guess I'm no help,
Take care,