RE: my absolutely last post re: c^2 and Longitudinal Waves

Original poster: "Wall Richard Wayne by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

Matt,

You've skillfully avoided answering my questions.  I say again, what exactly
did  Michelson-Morley concluded about their
experiments?   If you don't know, better go look it up.  Their experiments are
flawed in that they assumed a three dimensional frame of reference for aether
as the earth moved through it.  They were looking for a shift in light phase as
the earth moved through the aether.  Their assumption was not justified as the
aether is not orthogonally oriented to 3D space.  So, their experiment cannot
be interpreted and is null.  Likewise Einstein's statement, "Any observer will
always find the same value
for light in vacuo relative to himself, regardless of the direction of travel
of the light and regardless of the velocity of the source."
is true, but has no relevance as to the existence of aether.  Hard to believe,
but aether is not bound by three dimensional geometry.

BTW, Einstein embrace the existence of aether until his death.  It's well
documented in his writings.  The existence of aether is having a Renaissance of
sorts in modern physics.  There are many experiments that detect aether, ZPE or
what ever name is fashionable.  Dirac predicted it and won the Nobel prize for
it.  A good example is recent experimental measurement of the Casmir effect.
There are others.

Knowing all there is to know and subsequent denial and exclusion of all else is
to know nothing.

RWW

This aether discussion is germane to Tesla coiling since it involves the
Poynting vector force without which Tesla coils cannot function.