Re: SSTC and IDR Drive Concept (Now SGTC and WARNING)

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Luc, ALL

I have no SSTC platform to do development work now.
What I was alluding to was suppose you had a pancake
primary.  Above this primary you place a copper ring
(the IDR) that is the OD and ID of the primary.  The thickness
is whatever you can get (check with roofing companies
that is my first phone calls tomorrow...  :^)   )
The IDR absorbs ALL of the magnetic flux and causes
enormous current along the ID.  At the ID, bolt a brass
ring that is approx. 1" larger then the OD of your resonator.
Height of brass current focusing ring can be at your
discretion.  I found a brass floor flange thingy at
Home Depot for ~$5.00 US that is nearly custom
made to do this, it's ID is about 4" and is perfect for
sch 40 3" PVC pipe.

You tune the system by adjusting the vertical distance (coupling)
betweeen the IDR and the primary (more flux coupled,
lower the Lp).  The way I'll tune my system is tap ALL of primary
into the tank circuit, and adjust height of IDR lower until Lp
is lowered to appropriate tune point.  Adjust frequency until tuned
to resonator and apply liberal amounts of HV...   :^)

WARNING:  WARNING:    WARNING:
The IDR because of the extremely
high circulating currents will become VERY HOT.
There is a significant thermal burn hazard potential
with this system, the IDR must be mounted on a
thermally inert structure (first whack I use switchgear
grade fiberglas).  This condition is true if the IDR is
used with any TC system.

I thought there may be some work in progress going on
so this warning is broadcast in as timely a fashion as
possible...

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA