Re: Coming close to finishing

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Copper tubing is good since its readily available, inexpensive, and easy to
form (already pre-formed).

You'll probably get two schools of thought regarding the type of wire.  One
school will insist you need
expensive 4 or 8 AWG welding wire or other similar types of wire, and the
other school will say you can hook up
solid 12 AWG wire.

I've used both 12 AWG wire (HV wire), and 8 AWG welding wire.  No
performance gains whatsoever between the two
at least for a 15kv/60mA NST.  For bigger power supplies (pole
transformers), than you'll need larger wire obviously.

Spacing depends mostly on the high voltage standoff between primary and
secondary.  I use 1.5" - 2.0" usually.

Dan