Funnels as supports for winding secondary

Original poster: "Scott Hanson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <huil888-at-surfside-dot-net>

I have had very satisfactory results in using plastic funnels as supports
when winding small secondary coils. Here are a few photos of my current
"small" winding jig. Power is supplied by a 42 RPM DC gearmotor; speed is
controlled by a foot-pedal unit from a Foredom flex-shaft die grinder. The
arbor is a piece of 1/2" diameter stainless steel tubing. The support rails
are sections of Bosch modular framing material (aluminum extrusion with "T"
slots), and longer sections can quickly be substituted to wind longer coil
forms.

This photo shows a front view of the winding jig:
<http://surfboard.surfside-dot-net/huil888/Winder-front.jpg>http://surfboard.surfside-dot-net/huil888/Winder-front.jpg

This photo shows a view of the winder with a 3" X 10" secondary at the
completion of winding:
<http://surfboard.surfside-dot-net/huil888/Winder-secondary.jpg>http://surfboard.surfside-dot-net/huil888/Winder-secondary.jpg

This photo shows a few additional details of the motor drive end of the arbor:
<http://surfboard.surfside-dot-net/huil888/Winder-secondary-drive-end.jpg>http://surfboard.surfside-dot-net/huil888/Winder-secondary-drive-end.jpg

This photo shows the Delrin hubs with adjustable "spokes" to center and
drive larger diameter coil forms. A 6" diameter coil is shown on the winder:
<http://surfboard.surfside-dot-net/huil888/Spoke-hub-6in-secondary.jpg>http://surfboard.surfside-dot-net/huil888/Spoke-hub-6in-secondary.jpg

  Scott Hanson