Re: Aaaaaaa!! My NST is toast! Salvage tips?

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

Thanks for the advice folks. I split the case and started beating on the
block inside with a hammer and chisel (actually a flat screwdriver) I can't
believe how strong the potting compound is. It's definitely not the kind of
tar you can melt in the oven. No way the windings are coming out in one
piece! And I'm not rewinding it either since I heard that it needs 12,000
turns! I think I'll just junk it and go looking for a new NST after Christmas.

Steve C.