Funnels

Original poster: "John Richardson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jprich-at-up-dot-net>

Hello,

This is another one of my barely relevant ideas, but here goes.  The recent
thread on secondary winding techniques got me thinking:  Instead of having
end caps turned to fit each secondary pvc pipe, why not obtain two large,
identical plastic funnels, the ones with a smallish hole in the middle, but
with a large taper.  I have seen them for sale for as low as a buck apiece,
and with one on each end of your homemade "threaded rod" winding jig, it
would be an easy matter to adjust back and forth for varying lengths.  The
taper of the funnel would also allow different size secondaries to be
"chucked up", and the funnels taper guarantees that the pvc is centered on
the jig.

John Richardson