Re: First light with new 12" secondary

Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>

hi Greg

On my 4" coils I use a threaded rod set up with my two secondary's. I can
spin them up and down. The primaries come right down to within an inch of
the threaded rod. Or in other words the primary inner diameter is smaller
than the sec coils diameter. Coupling is a function of the sec coil height.
It works well for me and tuning is a snap. Though I don't know how it could
be accomplished on a larger scale.

Good Luck!!
I envy your sparks!
Read you later