RE: TC Part alternates

Original poster: "Michael Quarles by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mquarles-at-qusion-dot-com>

Since I obviously don't have a modicum of understanding of electrical
theory, can you tell me the voltage rating requirement for the bleeder
resistors?  I, being limited in my understanding, would think you would need
resistors that can handle 2000v.  However on this board I see experienced
people recommending 1/2 watt carbon film resistors that have about 350v max
working voltage.

Others say no you need a 2000v resistor and they recommend metal glaze
resistors.

In my searching the metal glaze resistors have a higher voltage but nothing
near 2000v.  I have found thick film resistors that will handle 2000v but
they are rather pricey.

Thanks for your help.  I learn more each day.