Re: Modeling a SRSG Phase Controller

HI John, Dan,

On 17 Dec 2002, at 18:08, Tesla list wrote:

<FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>

 > In a message dated 12/17/02 6:28:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
 > tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
 >

 > > > Anyone know of a way to model a SRSG Phase Controller (ala John Freau's
 > > > design) in
 > > > PSPICE.  The only part I can't seem to obtain is at least an
approximately
 > > > model
 > > > for my motor.  Any suggestions on how to get a model (either by
 > > analysis, or
 > > > measurement?)
 >

 > Dan,
 >
 >  >From what I've read, sync motors show a capactive power factor,
 > I'm not sure how to take this into account.  The degree of this vary with

Whoops! You're correct. I missed the "synchronous" bit in my post. In
fact these types of motors are used to apply PFC to transformers (and
possibly induction motors as well in large industrial complexes. The
power factor can be varied from leading to lagging by varying applied
field excitation.

Regards,
Malcolm