Re: Secondary Winding Jigs

Original poster: "Ralph Zekelman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gridleak-at-bluemarble-dot-net>

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: Secondary Winding Jigs

 >Original poster: "Dr.Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

 >Use a simple surplus foot switch available from Fair Radio Sales or C&H
 >Sales.  Then you can start and stop anytime you want.

The foot switch arrangement does not fit under my size 12
ballet slippers. It is difficult to keep my foot over the switch
and the position become uncomfortable.

I use a low speed DC motor with a variac for speed control.
With the left hand providing tension on the wire, the index finger of
the right hand guides the wire into position while the remaining fngers and
thumb are wrapped around the form to provide an instant brake
if needed. No looking for an ellusive foot switch. The wire practically
winds itself; the process is very fast. I keep that piece of tape handy
if I have to stop.

Cheers,
Ralph Zekelman