CAPACITORS FOR SALE

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <CanalRay-at-aol-dot-com>

To the group: First off, thanks to all who sent in information on some
capacitors I recently ran across.
Secondly, I have all the data on the caps now as someone gave me the
Cornell-Dubilier data sheet on these things.

These capacitors are now up for sale. At the moment, there are ten (10) of
them. They are basically new old stock and were made for an application at
Rome Air Force Base in New York. The contract date was early 50's. The vital
statistics are as follows:    0.15 uF -at- 120 KVDC. The internal construction
is Kraft paper and Aluminum foil. Uses (right from the CD data sheet) are for
DC Filtering, Pulse Networks, X-Ray and Energy Storage Applications. The
capacitors have cast Aluminum end caps. The bottom cap has four holes for
mounting and the upper cap has a tapped hole in the center of it. There are
two threaded plugs in the top cap for oil fill. The tube between the end caps
is laminated special grade phenolic. The phenolic tube is approximately 12"
in diameter. The overall height of the cap is 43 inches. The weight of the
cap is 240#.
The price is $250 each. I will not ship these things as that is something I
just don't want to get into. Arrangements will have to be made to pick them
up here. That is the problem with large heavy things of this nature. They are
a real pain in the butt to move around. If anyone is interested in these
capacitors, please contact me at my email address which is:  canalray-at-aol-dot-com

Thanks again,

Tom Vales