Re: Waveguide TC

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

There are very high voltage potentials inside waveguide and waveguide arcs
are probably the wicked-est arcs I've ever witnessed.  This is the reason
high power
waveguides are usually pumped full of pressurized air or nitrogen.  I've
worked on transmitters putting out over 1.5 MW of power at S-Band (3-3.5
GHz) and you should
see what these arcs do to the internal portions of the waveguide.

Dan