Re: Corson Pulse Capacitors

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

>My concern is your voltage  way over your rating so I would suggest
>series/parallel combinations to get a high enough voltage and enough
>capacitance for your TC. Even 13.6Kv x 1.414 = 19.23 Kv Pk with no safety.
>Two is series is minimum to hold your voltage..
>     Robert  H

Actually the 13.6kV *is* peak - because I was uncertain whether the caps
were AC or DC rated, I assumed the worst and divided the 9.6kV RMS from the
transformers by SQRT(2).

However, is this still "close" on tolerance?  I certainly can't see the
supply voltage ever going above 240 - we're lucky to get that most of the
time ;-)

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith            | Business: http://www.kbc-dot-net.au