Re: TC discharge... safe or not

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

See Below:

In a message dated 12/7/02 12:55:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Of course. I still no reason to fear a wimpy coil like it's it's a downed
>powerline in the alley. People here like to share only the large, scary
>stories about accidents gone wrong to the max.
>
>You can burn your finger tips on some large plasma balls if you don't press
>on them hard enough. It hardly makes them devices to hide from in fear.
>
>KEN

     Some people have survived 20 kV shocks, some have died from 90 V ones.
What the numbers can say about the effects of HV is that out of a large
population exposed to a certain V, I, and f for a certain length of time t,
such and such a percentage are likely suffer injury, and so many are likely
to die. Different combinations of V, I, f, and t have different
probabilities. "The Numbers" are gleaned from anecdotes of survivors, and
autopsies of the rest. Not exactly quantitative measurements. Most of the
controlled, quantitative experiments on death by electrocution thankfully
ended with the collapse of Nazism in 1945, and most of the results were
never published. Only the CIA-backed "School of the Americas" still does
studies in electro-torture and their results are also quite confidential.
        Those who engage in cavalier behavior are more likely to kill or
injure themselves. Unfortunately, those who engage in "cavalier mouthing"
are likely to cause the injury or death of someone else. Did you know that
in many states, a person giving out self-proclaimed "expert opinions" can
be held both civilly and criminally liable for injuries or death resulting
from careless advice, especially when such advice is given to minors?

Matt D.
"I always listen to the oldest living safety experts. Time itself has
validated their opinion." D. H. Martin