Re: TC discharge... safe or not

>When people refer to the skin effect they are refering to the tendancy of
>high voltage to travel along the outer surface of a wire or channel
>instead of the interior of the wire. Ok Im not a scientist and I have
>actually only recently learned about all of this, but I am truely amazed
>at how many "smart people" take this literally in a human biology sense.
>The skin of your body is NOT being refered to.

         Your body is a conductor.
         RF will travel preferentially on the outside.
         Since it is a POOR conductor, some will
         penetrate.  Caution is in order.

         (in more detail:
         The depth of penetration depends on resistivity,
         conductor diameter and frequency....)

         This is complicated by the fact that the surface
         of (human) skin is a relatively poor conductor
         so the current works its way inside.

         best
         dwp

...the net of a million lies...