Re: HV Cable

Original poster: "Daniel Hess by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhess1-at-us.ibm-dot-com>

Matt;

The General Motors HEI ignition systems reportedly can achieve 45kv so
silicone jacketed HEI rated spark plug wire should be more than adequate on
an MOT system. I think most varieties should be able to withstand 20kv at
least.

BTW, Walmart sells a high performance, silicone spark plug wire kit; About
30' bright orange 8 mm silicone cable. About 14 gauge copper conductor.
Last time I bought one of these kits I paid $8.00 American. The wire is
super flexible, solders well, looks good and the spark plug boots make nice
covers for where the cable attaches to the NST HV bushings.

Daniel

"Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 11/30/2002 05:25:55 PM