Re: science project?

Original poster: "Wells Campbell by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <wellscampbell-at-onebox-dot-com>

Ah now there's a post that may generate some humor...I think there is
a website or series of posts called "cooking with HV" somewhere around
here, that would be effect of HV on HOT DOGS.

On a more serious note, why don't you do something involving ozone? you
could route your arc through a closed container of air and identify and
measure the gases produced (ozone would be one, but also some nitrogen-oxides,
and other undesirables). Or pass the arc through different gases and
observe the effects. There were some posts a few years ago which talked
about argon, which glows bright white when ionized. I think someone wanted
to fill a room with the stuff and run a coil in there, creating a plasma
globe that people could walk in! (don't try this one at home)

--
Wells Campbell