Re: Fiber Optic V & A Meters

Original poster: "Finn Hammer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <f-h-at-c.dk>

hi Steve, all!

A couple of years ago, I arranged a group buy of the printed circuit
boards for the fiberprobes described below.
Some sort of access to the (at least) voltage waweforms, across the tank
cap, is necessary, to get _any_ idea about what is going on, really.
Without it, you are poking around in the dark.

Personally, when I saw the ringdown on my scope for the first time, I
went bananas, and called people around the globe, to share the
experience, it was _that_ great an experience to see, that the circuit
that sounded so frantic, was really producing such a benign looking well
controlled ringdown as seen on nmerous pictures on websites. But to see
it real life, was a _soother_. First then could I grasp that it was
_really_ happening.

Without it, (the probes) how could I confirm the Microsim predicted
equal bangsize charging behaviour at 300 bps:

Http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/museum/setup/setup.htm

It is a bit pricey to complete the set, but it is the gateway to
certainty above speculation and and the like, so I still cannot see, how
to get along without them.

The problems with setting up a rotary, which is reported on the list so
often, could be avoided altogether, if there was accecc to a set of
fiberprobes.

Cheers, Fin Hammer