Triacs, was Re: trigger gap

Some of the "triacs" used in consumer dimmers (e.g. from Lutron, etc.) use
a device called a Quadrac, which is essentially the triac and diac in one
package (I would imagine that it's a monolithic device, not two dice in a
package, but you never know..)

Teccor is the big maker of Quadracs (as well as triacs..)
http://www.teccor-dot-com/web/PDF%20Files/Power/E3%20Quadrac.pdf

The Q4015L5 is a straight TRIAC
http://www.teccor-dot-com/web/PDF%20Files/Power/E2%20Triac.pdf
The Teccor part number breaks down as
Q 40 15 L5 >>>  Q= triac; 40 = 400V; 15 = 15A; L5 = TO220, isolated tab

It looks like the Q4015LT or ..LTH would be the quadrac form... The H is a
version that has bigger dv/dt (30 vs 4 V/uS)