Re: Resonance - what is it? and OLTC stuff

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

 I've been familiar with Tesla Coils for about 2 years now, but I realized
> that I really don't know what resonance, and resonant rise actually are. I
> kinda understand how the voltage rises and such, but not fully. Someone
care
> to enlighte

See URL below.
http://sciencejoywagon-dot-com/physicszone/lesson/09waves/resonan/resonanc.htm

A capacitor and an inductance connected in series is a series resonant
circuit.
At one particular frequency the current thru the circuit will be at a
maximum, and the voltage across the circuit will be at a minimum. The circuit
is in resonance.

A capacitor and an inductance connected in parallel is a parallel resonant
circuit.
At one particular frequency the voltage across the circuit will be at a
maximum,
and the current thru the circuit will be at a minimum. The circuit is in
resonance.

Suggest you study the classic radio texts such as Terman or Moorcroft or
Kenney.
Also, any high school or college physics text will have excellent chapters on
the subject.

Hope this helps.
Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman