Re: fire conducts electricity?

Fire really does conduct....

hot gases get ionized thermally, so they can be conductors.  At up around
6000K air is a pretty good conductor, but even at lower temperatures, a
signficant amount of the gas is thermally ionized.

Also bear in mind that a flame is a chemical reaction, and in that process,
bonds get broken, individual atoms sit around for some finite time not yet
attached in their new configuration, and during that time, can serve as a
conduction mechanism.

Also, if the flame is visible, this means that there are small particles of
incandescent carbon, which are also conductors.