Terry's Strobe Circuit - new revision of Radio Shack strobe

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

I've actually used the radio shack strobe circuit for just bicycling
applications.  The new revision schematic used in radio shacks strobe units
is found here:  (Need acrobat v5.0 reader)

http://www.spacecatlighting-dot-com/datasheets/strobe2010b.pdf

However, this schematic looks much different than Terrys which is found
here:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/RS-Strobe/RSStrobe.htm

Anyone have an idea what I would need to change to make the NEW REV above
able to synch to 60 Hz?  I'm still trying to figure out how this weird
strobe circuit works.  Very unusual.

Thanks

Dan