OLTC Page update

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi everyone,

OLTC Page is looking a little better, and seems like a lot of you are
visiting it (I'm still getting the counter to work). I could use a little
help with how it works, someone has to know more than I do:

The 240 VAC Mains is rectified in the  OLTC Main Controller. Am I right that
it comes out 340 VDC? anyways, the tank capacitor is resonantly charged at
about 540 volts.
now here's where I get confused. I think, because you use a current
transformer, once the charging current either goes up to a certain level, or
down to a certain level, it causes the IGBTs (which stands for what?
something transistor) to close, just like a regular spark gap does in
disruptive coils. You then 'quench' the circuit by opening the IGBTs. This
traps most (90%?) of the energy in the Secondary Coil.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/OLTC

Thats about it, Im not sure about the small details.

Also, Terry was kind enough to put all the OLTC related stuff in the
hot-streamer-dot-com/OLTC/files           directory.

(***Terry, I renamed it, because the stuff wasn't really temporary***)

Hope I'm working for a good cause here,

Jonathon REinhart