Re: neon tube indicator

> Expert guys correct me if i'm wrong but
> a light will only be lit when the spark gap is firing and
> current is fluctuating back and forth through the primary.
> The fluctuation of current is what makes the EM field.
	The discussion was about use of a 'neon' (unspecified)

	hardwired to indicate state of charge of caps.
	Nothing was said about one lit by a field.

> Potential stored in the capacitors has nothing to do with
> lighting neon or florescents.

	It does, if the lamp is hardwired ot the circuit as
	an indicator.  (which may or may not be the best
	approach.  As noted, it has some limits.)

> Caps are charged or they are possibly charged.....
> only 2 states if you decide to deal with a 3rd you're not safe...
	There are an infinite number of states, depending on

	the voltage.

> Always short your caps to ground before touching.
	Concur.

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...