Re: toroid capacitace(bi-polar coil) design

Original poster: "Nolan Moore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tmoore-at-erie-dot-net>

Hi Ed and howdy to all,

    This is Nolan, I will elaborate on my tesla coil design more.  There are
2 separate secondary coils. they are 3.5" in diameter and wound 17.25" with
awg28 enamel wire.  There are 2 separate primary coils wound with 6awg solid
ground wire inner diameter measures 5.825" and is spaced .25" between turns
for a total of 6.75 turns max.   The wire is mounted in plexi-glass
supports.  What I would like to do is REMOVE the inner 2 turns to give more
clearance between the coils but I need to know if I will have enough turns
to tune the coil.  I nave 2 new toroids they measure 21" in diameter and
4.5" in the cross section.  My tank cap are 2 rated 0.03uf at 35kv for a
total of 0.06uf at 35kv, I could add one or 2 more for 0.09uf or 0.12uf, if
need be.  But if its close with taping the primary coil ill make smaller
toroids.  The coils will share the tank cap and same static spark gap. the
power supply are three 7.5/60 franceformes wired in parallel they are feed
through a variac and a line filter, I also constructed one of terry's nst
protecion filters. Everything has been put in to the same box.  Is it
dangerous to have the tank circuit that close to yourself????? But its not
like its right net to each other.  Here are some pictures I just posted

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/nolan/minicoil/revampintotwin/

So if I remove 2
of the inner primary turns resulting in a inner diamiter of  7.75" and max
turns of 4.75 I calculate that the primary coil will be taped between 3.9
turn to 4.25 turn.  By the way I do use you tesla cal. allot I also have
added al allot of stuff and modified some of it. I love it thanks for
creating that tesla spread sheet! Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,
Nolan Moore