Re: Differences on input (primary side to NST) issues

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Recently I found another pair of twins to bring my total to 12000v120ma
>That will put my draw on the lines at about 14 amps...
>Im running through a 15 amp fuse
>on a 20 amp isolated breaker
>I probably wont need PFC caps, but
>if the fuse blows and or the breaker throws ill be building one.
>Im betting the fuse wont take it...the breaker wont care
>Ill just find out the hard way...The fuse will allow me to collect rough
>data on draw :)
>Chris

Hmmm,

I think you will be pulling more like 20A easily with a tesla coil.  My 2
15/60 transformers are easily grabbing 22-24A, which is much more than what
they are rated to draw.  A tesla coil will actually draw more current than
shorting the transformers.  I also didnt realize this until Terry told me
about it.  I thought id be drawing only 15A, haha!!  I wish!  Maybe with
power factor correction you will stay under 15A.  At the moment im broke so
i cant buy any PFC caps :(

Steve Ward.