Re: electronic damage

> a couple days ago i was running my small (2x12" secondary) flyback powerd
> coil with the gap set really close, and i was trying to see what frequency
> the primary resonated at using an antenna and o-scope. my coil is REALLY
> far out of tune and i was trying to figure out which way to go, but right
> as i was about to turn it off my 30 volt power supply died. it was about 5
> feet away from the coil. today my signal generator died doing the same
> thing, but it was off and about two feet away. how did these die?

	Could be coincidence.

> i'm guessing it was because of induced voltages from the primary,

	I would guess, more likely: stray voltage spikes
	wandering back along the TC power cord.
	Even with the test equipment turned OFF, there is risk.
	Also:
	Is there a filter on the TC power cord?
	(Filters can reduce damage, as well as noise....)

	What is the ground set up like?

> but could it have been from the wall?

	Certainly possible.
--