From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2002 3:25 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Coiling update: Oh fudge!

Original poster: "C.L. Mayeux by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <poohbear1961-at-cox-dot-net>

Oh fudge! The motor I was going to use in my RSG has gone up in flames!
I guess now I'll have no other choice than to use the 1/4 HP unit I've
been saving for a bench grinder... But now I'm pondering whether it
would behoove me to use the motor from an old vacuum cleaner... probably
faster, likely to it the ARBOR I JUST ORDERED! 8-(
(sorry, had vent on that for a moment).

On a side note, I have widened my search for NST's... I personally am
hounding (so to speak) every neon shop in New Orleans, plus I now have
my associate in Gulfport hounding the shops there... so far, he's found
a palette of 5 amp variacs (complete with cord, outlet, switch, and
wooden case), but I passed on those... I could get a dimmer to do the
same job for HALF of what they wanted per unit... however, my brother,
the eternal packrat, couldn't pass up the chance at buying one.

Seems the hunt for technology in a low-tech city is half the battle of
coiling in this area... pray for me. 8-)

---
C.L. Mayeux
Owner, MSB Data Systems
poohbear1961-at-cox-dot-net