Re: Streamer loading effect

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

To lower the frequency of the circuiut while its running I have two ideas.
First you could use an extra tuning coil like some people use, but make one
so a motor could drive it while the TC is on. The problem I see with that or
just adjusting the primary is that the area where the contact points move
might spark when its adjusting. Another thought I had was one of those
variable air capacitors, perhaps with oil instead of air, and have that motor
driven so when the coil goes on you can adjust the cap from no capacitance to
full capacitance. Would a variable air cap have enough capacitance to make a
large enough difference in tuning?

Mark

In a message dated 8/10/02 8:56:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com