An extremely good MOSFET driver

Original poster: "Daniel McCauley by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

This circuit shown below:

http://www.spacecatlighting-dot-com/datasheets/mosfetdriver.pdf

is an extremely fast mosfet driver circuit and is probably the circuit you
want to use for SSTC's.
We use this driver extensively in high power DC-DC Power supplies in naval
radar applications switching FETs up to
500kHz.

The only real difficulty in this circuit is proper heatsinking of the
transistors as they will get smokin' hot!!!!  This is the primary reason i
didn't end up using them on my first coil - I didn't design my board
properly with heatsinking in mind at the time (oops!) and found out the
simple resistor in series worked "good enough for me."

Its cool and great you are trying to design your own mosfet driver, but the
one above is an industry proven driver that works extremely well.  If you do
come up with something new,  file a patent.  We're always filing patents at
our company for new designs in mosfet driver circuits.

BTW, why would you want to turn on your MOSFET slowly???  Doing this will
most likely put the FET in its linear operating range and start really
heating it up.  You want something really fast.

Dan