Re: 1st light on DC MOT coil

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>The power supply is similar in design to those being utilized by Greg
>Hunter, Steve Ward, Marco Denicolai et al. I designed it to be very modular
>and adjustable, including capacitive ballasting, and the ability to
>configure
>as either a "level shifter" giving 60 hz pulses of DC every other
>half-cycle
>or as a "half-wave doubler / filter" giving DC every half-cycle.
>(terminology
>check?)

Hi,

off topic, but i cant take credit for anything i didnt do.  I never used a
MOT for a PSU except for my VTTC(unless that is what you are referring
to??).  But either way sounds like a pretty neat coil.  I stick with my
rebuilt NSTs, but do plan on a MOT supply sometime in the future.

Steve Ward