Re: Hertzian and non-Hertzian waves

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

> Hi All,

> I've managed to work up some notes which describe what I think
> Tesla was referring to with the term non-Hertzian waves in his
> plans for wireless power distribution.

> I describe the process of radiation as understood by science, what
> the terms near field and far field mean, and how the radiation is
> altered when the radiator is enclosed in a cavity.

> Somehow I did it with almost no math, which is a new one for me.
> But does any of it make sense to anyone?

>  http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tesla-notes/030802.html

	1) I still 'hear' Tesla claiming to 'broadcast' power
	(omnidirectional) and recovering huge chunks in
	one place.  If this is addressed, i missed it.

	2) I still 'hear' Tesla (at some times) claiming more
	power delivered to loads than supplied to the
	'transmitter'.

	related:
	3) At at least one point, Tesla says (roughly):
		Hertzian waves are line of sight.  What I
		use is detectable behind mountains, etc.
		Thus: these are different.

	I suggest this is simply missing the difference in
	refraction due to the difference in observations
	due to difference in wavelength.

--
	best
	dwp