Re: SSTC As a transmitter.

Hi Paul,

At 02:47 PM 8/2/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>I'm getting bored with all this cranky stuff now - I can only take
>so much at a time, let's get back to some real work soon!

I notice that a few topics these days may need some "moderation" especially
as the number of posts seems to be getting high today :-)

>Boris wrote:
>> Tesla was probably trying to explore what sudden HV subsequent
>> kicks can do in way of transmiting electrical power tru the
>> system Earth & high atmosphere layer.He seemingly beleived that
>> by using enormous power (read big voltage & current pulses) in
>> controled fashion might be fruitful (dischargin big tower at
>> rate say 6 Hz in ground and clouds respectively)  .
>
>Hey, that's more like it!
>
>If Tesla was setting out to explore the earth and atmosphere's
>electrical response by pinging it (Er, I guess ping is too small
>a word for this scale!) then that would be something we can
>really understand and approve of, even today.  That would count
>as a meaningful and interesting program of research.

A lightning strike is much like a "ping"...  Not sure how to measure it
with a flat broadband instrument.  Maybe a very tiny antenna since the
power is so high.  Or maybe the ground currents are what is important.  But
getting a bit off-topic still...