Re: magnifier vs two coil system

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/28/02 5:49:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Does anyone here understand  how to power something  with one wire?

Obviously YES.

> I don't
> think so. This kind of knowledge is shunned. Any one with any real education
> will tell you that it is impossible. Why is it impossible?

> Because it doesn't
> fit into the rules set forth by a few men a hundred and some years ago. Did
> these men that wrote the rules about how electrons react really know
> everything that can be known about electrons?

They didn't write the rules, they merely wrote down the rules that they
observed nature using. You don't have to know everything to know something. And
you only have to step in some things once to recognize them the next time.

> Tesla was quietly shunned when it was learned that what he was trying to do
> at Wardenclyffe would eventually provide free or nearly free energy for
> almost anyone  in the world.

Not exactly. His financial plug was pulled when it became obvious to his
backers that he was misusing their money.

> Some say that Wardenclyffe wouldn't work. I disagree. If it wasn't workable
> and provable  they would have simply let Tesla make a fool of himself. The
> fact that Tesla was suddenly a nobody  in spite of his success and fame says
> it all to me.

Absolute nonsense! If Tesla had proceeded and failed, his backers would have
been out millions of dollars. If he had succeeded, he would have bankrupted
them. HE created his own no-win situation. He forgot you can't do as you please
if you're using other people's money.

> I am not here because I want to make big sparks. I believe that Tesla was
> the master  of  electrical resonance. I have no formal training in
> electronics.  I thought this might be the place to learn about  resonant
> circuits.

You can learn a great deal about resonant circuits here. But if you just want
your preconceived notions and faith in pseudoscience massaged, then you'll
probably be disappointed here.

> I have seen articles on a couple of websites that talk of a Packard that
> Tesla had. It was powered by "collected" energy, one article said is would
> run up to 90 MPH.

If someone wrote it, then it must be true, eh? You can find websites that TALK
about UFOs, free energy, perpetual motion, crystal power, magnetic healing,
faith healing, alien abductions, Bigfoot and pyramid power, and conspiracy
theories out the wazoo. It doesn't mean their ideas intersect the real world
anywhere. Several of the Yahoo groups are more amenable to this sort of
s(tuff).

> I believe that Tesla powered the  Packard  using some kind of resonant
> circuit and probably his one wire power transfer technology.

You are free to believe anything you want. There's a lot of science to be
learned here, but if you want to be an "Acolyte of the Holy Resonance of St.
Tesla", that church is down the street.

> here is a URL that is related to one wire power transfer
> http://www.cheniere-dot-org/techpapers/Final%20Secret%20of%2015%20Feb%201994/ind
> ex.html

Bearden and associates are well-known purveyors of pseudoscience to those with
little formal education in math or physics. And they do a really slick job of
it. Notice that the great breakthroughs that were imminent eight years ago just
haven't happened. Not because they violate a rule made up by some man a century
ago, but because they violate the principles nature made up about 15 billion
years ago.
They never learned the principle, "One should not propose vast new theories
with only a 'half-vast'  understanding of the existing ones."

Matt D.
G5-#12
<http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org>http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org