magnifier vs two coil system

Original poster: "Brad Huff by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <huffb-at-avalon-dot-net>

After reading some of Richard Hull's notes from 1995-1996, on his magnifier
experiments I have been given to believe that this was the only way to proceed
for large coil designs. However I see very little posted on this subject
lately, and it seems people are still leaning to the two coil design. I haven't
looked through the archives but I'm wondering if the magnifier wasn't as
promising as origionaly thought or "What have I missed"?-Brad.