Tesla Camp at Burning Man?

Original poster: "John Dyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jd-at-dyerelectric-dot-com>

I want to mix Tesla Coils with Burning Man -- my other hobby!

If you know it well, or have been, you know what fun seven days in the Black
Rock desert over Labor Day,  can be.   I have gone three years now, and this
August 26 -September 2 will be my fourth year.

This year, I am exploring taking some coilers and coils to form a Tesla camp.
This post is to ask YOU if you would be interested in being a part of such
insanity, and if so, what part? I envision a camp with several small to medium
coils, and maybe a mobile coil, as part of an art car.   All of this advertised
and promoted by our very own radio station...  No, I don't want to "compete"
with Megavolt.  He has a "schtick", and does it really well.  I am an older
guy, and want to get even older!

In the past, my art project has been (and will also be this year) a complete FM
stereo radio studio and station with tower,
etc.  This whole scene can be looked at off my web page.  I have several links
for a better idea of what we have
done in the past.
First my pages -  <http://www.johndyer-dot-com/>I'm John Dyer You can find all the
pages off of here
www.johndyer-dot-com

My Tesla Coil Pages
 <http://www.johndyer-dot-com/coils.html>Coils
www.johndyer-dot-com/coils.html

Burning Man 2001
 <http://www.johndyer-dot-com/2krap.html>Radio K R A P - BM2K1
http://www.johndyer-dot-com/2krap.html

Burning Man 1999
  <http://www.johndyer-dot-com/KRAP.html>KRAP Road Show
http://www.johndyer-dot-com/KRAP.html

If you have time, look at the official Burning Man website -
 <http://www.burningman-dot-com/>The Burning Man Project — Official Site
http://www.burningman-dot-com/

So if this looks like fun, and you have the burning desire to know yourself and
your fellow man better, LET ME KNOW!
Either here, or a private email.  If you have ideas or thoughts about this,
please SHARE.  This could be a tabletop coil by
the radio station, or a whole damn village of coilers, if there is the
commitment!   Teslathons are fun.  The Black
Rock Desert, averages around 50 at night and 95 in the day.  But as 2000 showed
us, it can pour rain, too!  This is the largest
alternative art project in the world, and a perfect venue for radical science
like Tesla coils, but the commitment is huge due
to location and duration.  IT IS WELL WORTH IT.

So take a look, I'm looking for a few good men...  and women!

 <http://www.johndyer-dot-com/>I'm John Dyer

John Dyer