Re: Marx Bank Charging Supply

Original poster: "Mike Harrison by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mike-at-whitewing.co.uk>

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:38:23 -0600, you wrote:

>Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-madlabs.info>

>Richard,
>
>Hi, it's me again ;-)
>
>I forgot to metion that one can use inductors instead of resistors, which
>are easy to make. Details on my inductors can be found at:
..but if you are basically after big, loud sparks rather than precise
waveforms, inductors are much more hassle - the inductance has to be
pretty high to avoid the DC path becoming significant and sapping the
energy after the initial firing, and also think about the standoff
voltage the windings would have to sustain. Resisters will be much
easier.