Re: Ferrite Toroidal Cores?

Tesla list wrote:

> I am reminded that Radio Shack actually does have a few ferrite cores on
> the store shelves.
>
> Part # 273-104 (large square clamp together)
> Part # 273-105 (round cable clam shell)
>
> You did ask the "right" question but Radio Shack is sort of the "fast food"
> of electronics part places :-))  They have "stuff fast".  Some questions
> are be like asking the counter kid at McDonald's how to cook Peking duck...
>  Try to save the "complicated questions" for the store manager who usually
> has all the stuff very well figured out.  Save questions like "do you sell
> phones" for the summer temporary guy they hired yesterday :o))
>
> On Saterday moring, the Peking duck place is closed, DigiKey is closed, but
> you CAN buy a ferrite core from Radio Shack and pick up a Big Mac :o))
>
> Cheers,
>
>         Terry

	I agree with Terry about R.S.  They pack an amazing amount of useful
stuff into a small store, and are really useful if you're in a hurry
(for something they have).  Prices not great but bearable.  I use them
when I'm in a hurry and go to places like DigiKey when I'm not.  There
are scads of outfits selling electronic parts on the web  (All is one I
usd a lot), and if you can use surplus stuff it sure pays to look.  But,
"thank god for Radio Shack".

Ed