Re: Starting with a secondary first?

Hi Dan,

It should work just fine. The former material is ideal. It probably has
only about 280 turns on it however.
It should be possible to simple add about 3 inches more on each end. That
would get you a 25 inch winding
(370 turns). The cap size will depend more on what size transformer you
will be using for charging. I would
go no less than a 15kv/60mA NST with say about a 0.01uF cap size. If you
build a Sync gap, you might want to
try an LTR size cap (near the 0.02uF range).

Take care,
Bart

<Dan_Gallagher%PULSARNOTES-at-pulsartech-dot-com>