failing salt water caps

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <MrViper82-at-aol-dot-com>

Hey all,
I have a bank of 12 beer bottle caps. The bottles are Corona brand and method
of construction is salt water and some vegetable oil inside the bottle (of
course) and aluminum foil  around bottle. Then electrical tape was wrapped
all around the foil exept bottom. 1/4 in. bolts are mounted in the bottle
caps and just slightly extended into the salt water. I was powering my coil
with a 9/25 nst and it worked ok (12 bottles may have been a little much).
But now I'm using a 15/30 nst. The max output was 24 in. streamers, but now
the bottles are failing on me and I'm currently down to 8 left. The cause of
failure was that the glass under the foil cracks and the salt water seeps
through shorting out the two plates. Can anybody shed some light on this.

I also plan on getting at least one more 15/30 nst and wiring them in
parallel. I currently have no protection filter for my nst. What is an easy
and cheap way of making one.

Thanks,
Lance