From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 1:27 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: The effects of high voltage on the body..

Original poster: "Mark Fergerson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<mfergerson1-at-cox-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Mercurus by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<mercurus2000-at-cox-dot-net>

> Hey, I read a post a long time ago on a mailing list from this guy that
got
> zapped from a pole pig or something even bigger, I can't remember, and
lived,
> tho he was hurting for a while after, the funny thing I remember is he
says now
> he can take normal 120 house current from a wall socket with no effects,
can
> anyone explain this? Is it possible that the body can adapt itself to
> electricity in such a way?

  Bruce Lee used to claim that fooling with electricity made
his reflexes faster, but nobody who knows anything about
electricity believes it.

  All of us have stories to tell. It comes down to keeping
the current levels to a minimum. That's why we have safety
rules like "keep your left hand in your pocket" (to keep
current away from your heart) and "only touch a suspected
'hot' circuit element with the back of your hand" (so the
usually stronger bicep will contract and pull your hand
away).

  Some of those rules were made up by observing what happens
when they're not followed, as in posthumously.

  I've been zapped many times (in my younger, stupider days)
but not lately; I don't care to be the basis for a new rule.

  Mark L. Fergerson