RE: Jacketed Coil

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Bob,

>The main benefit was to prevent hv spray from the top most coil windings.

This is what I'm trying to do, too.  It seems that no matter how much hot
glue, electrical putty, polyurethane or heavy polymer coating I put on my
solenoid coils, they still get streamers out the sides.  So I'm hoping this
jacketed coil will stop that problem completely.

>Of course our esteemed moderator sunk HEI coils in oil filled bowls to
control?? ;-) the output discharge in very tight quarters. I've played with
the oil soaked HEI coils a bit also but had done just as well with a tube of
clear silicone caulk where needed.

I haven't tried clear silicone caulk, yet.  I'll get a tube to see how it
works.

Thanks,

Dave