RE: I need Tesla coil HELP PLEASE

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

Robert, I have to disagree.  When using a 15/30 NST, a .005 uF cap is just
about mains-resonant and a perfectly reasonable value to use.  Ten times
that, or .05 uF, would be much too large for a 15/30 to power.

Back to the original question, I would have to ask just what kind of cap
was used in the suspect MMC?  No voltage rating, dielectric type, or vendor
part number was mentioned.  I assume that the .0053uF was the target value
of the completed MMC, and that the individual caps were rated 0.15uF each?
(0.15/28=.0053)

Gary Lau
MA, USA