Large Van De Graaf Sphere

Original poster: "Vivek Babtiwale by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dr_vek-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Have any of you had luck finding large Van De Graaf
spheres for around $300? I wanted one that was 4 feet
in Diameter. Every place I leeked at says $600 for a
sphere made of aluminum. I considered making one out
of aluminum strips but am wondering if the junction
edges will cause a leakage problem. Does anyone have a
web site where they've see a home made one that works
and didn't take more than two weeks to make?