Re: transformer caps?

Adam: Matt has the experience to give you good advice about commercial
capacitors. I do not buy my capasitors because I dont trust what is commonly
made nor can I afford what I know I nead. The TC cap must withstand very
high current demands, high voltage, and Xc heating effects of AC. That is
the reason many coilers build thier own. What they build is not small or
convenient, but they have good results. The geek group have a history of a
good product that they have spent time to test and that are convenient to
use. Keep in mind a 15/60 NTS puts out about 22kv Pk and the resonant
voltage is about twice that with a safety. Your SG is about 22 ohms when it
fires so surge current is high ( 100 to 1000 amps). A bad cap can explode in
a messy ball of flame. So do it right and have a safe hobby.
  Robert  H